LOS ANGELES (AP) — An autopsy on the pilot in the Kobe Bryant helicopter crash shows he did not have drugs or alcohol in his system.
Bryant and all eight others aboard died in the Jan. 26 crash just outside Los Angeles.
Autopsy reports were released Friday by the Los Angeles County coroner’s office. The causes of death for Bryant, his 13-year-old daughter Gianna, pilot Ara Zobayan and the others have been ruled blunt trauma.
Zobayan was flying in fog and climbed to get out of the clouds, then plunged into a hillside.
Federal authorities are still investigating the accident.
- Hopewell man arrested in connection with sexual assault of teenager, firing shots into her home
- Virginia Department of Labor to draft COVID-related workplace regulations
- In a first, Twitter labels President Trump’s tweets with fact-checks
- States volunteer to host RNC as Trump considers moving it from North Carolina
- Dr. Bearman: ‘Hydroxychloroquine is not a game-changer in the treatment of COVID-19’