RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — A man was arrested on Friday for attempting to have sex with someone he believed to be a 10-year-old girl, according to the Richmond Police Department.
A police spokeswoman said the man arrested was 46-year-old Peter T. Garbo. The department said he traveled from Newport News to Richmond with the intent to solicit a minor.
Police said Garbo has been charged with seven felony offenses of solicitation of a minor using an electronic communication system.
This arrest was a combination effort between RPD detectives and the Southern Virginia Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force. The department said they conducted an undercover operation with assistance from the Newport News Police Department and no child was ever in danger.
- StormTracker 8: Hot with a quick afternoon storm
- ‘When one of us hurts, we all hurt’: Family mourns grandmother and grandson killed in Friday night Chesterfield crash
- ’10K Any Way’: Richmonders run on their own after race postponement
- Caught on Tape: Tornado tears through shopping area in Arkansas
- The Latest: US COVID deaths double in 2 days, topping 2,000