QUESTION: What identification do I need to take to my polling place?
ANSWER: You will need to bring an ID with you to your polling place in order to vote. Accepted forms of ID include:
- Voter registration confirmation documents
- A Virginia driver’s license, expired or unexpired
- A United States passport
- Any identification issued by the the state of Virginia, one of its political subdivisions or the United States
- A college student ID card
- A work ID card with a photograph of you,
- Tribal enrollment or other tribal photo ID
- A Virginia Voter Photo ID card
- A copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck or other government document that shows your name and address
If you don’t have any ID, you will need to sign a statement that says you are the registered voter you claim to be. If you don’t show an ID or sign the statement, you will be offered a provisional ballot.