NEWPORT NEWS, Va. (AP) — President Donald Trump will be holding a rally in the southeastern Virginia city of Newport News.
The Virginian-Pilot reports that Friday evening’s rally will be at the Newport News/Williamsburg International Airport. It is expected to start at 9 p.m.
The campaign stop will fall in between visits in to Florida and Pennsylvania. Newport News is not far from the border of North Carolina, which is considered a key battleground state.
The last time the president was in Virginia’s Hampton Roads region was in March when a Navy hospital ship set off for New York to help fight the coronavirus pandemic.
2020 ELECTION COVERAGE
- NAACP, community leaders push for all Hampton Road cities to observe Election Day in November as a holidayChurch and education leaders, city leaders and local members of the NAACP met Saturday for a press conference outside of Hampton City Hall with a message.
- New Kent Sheriff's Office is currently investigating the theft of multiple political campaign signs taken from residences in the county last week.
- In a cluttered world with television, radio, social media and distractions galore, do old-school campaign signs still work?
- In Virginia, the general registrar is required to cancel the registration of anyone known to be deceased or disqualified to vote for other reasons such as, a felony conviction.
- Voter fraud is on the mind as Virginians try out other methods of voting besides heading to the polls on election day.