RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Two Democratic presidential hopefuls, Sens. Kamala Harris, D-Calif., and Amy Klobuchar, D-Minn., will campaign in Virginia on Sunday for local candidates as the Democratic party aims to take control of the state legislature in the Nov. 5 elections.
Sen. Klobuchar, who visited Richmond in June, is expected to canvass the Dale City community with local candidates and lawmakers, including Del. Hala Ayala (D-Prince William) and Ann Wheeler, who is running for Prince William County Chair, starting at noon.
Sen. Harris plans to be in Northern Virginia for three events, including a fundraiser for the House Democratic Caucus and campaigning for two local delegate candidates.
Harris will canvass for Del. Kathy Tran (D-Fairfax) and Democrat Dan Helmer, who is challenging Del. Tim Hugo (R-Fairfax), starting at 1:35 p.m.
Former Vice President Joe Biden will visit Virginia just two days before the elections on Nov. 5, but it is unclear if he plans to campaign for the Democratic party.
- ‘Twisties’: Skinner to take Biles’ place in vault and uneven bars
- Amanda Knox blasts film ‘Stillwater’ for exploiting her case
- ‘I should have gotten the damn vaccine,’ Las Vegas father of 5 who later died of COVID texts from hospital bed
- Vigil held in memory of 20-year-old found dead along highway in North Carolina
- StormTracker8: A few storms this evening, pleasant start to the weekend