People interested in registering to vote during the Nov. 5 General Election in Virginia have less than a day to do so. Virginians must register, either by mail, online or in-person, by later today.
There are a few requirements to register to vote in Virginia:
- be a U.S. citizen,
- be a resident of Virginia,
- be at least 18 years old by Election Day (November 5, 2019),
- have had voting rights restored if convicted of a felony,
- have had the capacity restored by court order if declared mentally incapacitated,
- not be registered and plan to vote in another state
Stay with 8News for all your 2019 General Assembly election coverage.
- Lawmakers push for more groups to get stimulus money
- Former VCU basketball star asking for prayers after father dies from COVID-19
- Experts: U.S. food supply steady but for how long
- It’s harder to stay safe at home for domestic violence victims – what’s being done?
- Brady: It was ‘just time’ to leave Pats for new challenge