President Trump presented Rush Limbaugh with the Presidential Medal of Freedom during the State of the Union Address Tuesday night.
The conservative radio talk show host announced on Monday that he has advanced lung cancer.
Limbaugh has been a staunch Trump ally, who dined with the president at his balm beach golf club.
According to the White House, the medal of freedom is given to people who made special contributions to the security or national interests of the U.S. It can also be awarded to those who contributed to world peace, or cultural and other significant endeavors.
- Los Angeles Dodgers win World Series in 6 games, defeat Tampa Bay Rays, 3-1
- Protests, looting in Philadelphia after police fatally shoot Black man Walter Wallace Jr.
- National poll: Joe Biden leads President Trump by 5 points one week from Election Day
- Police: Woman covered care-dependent husband with kitty litter after accident
- Alabama school’s Facebook page taken over, police have one in custody on unrelated charges