ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — Gov. Ralph Northam (D-Va.) announced his endorsement of Roanoke’s incumbent mayor and three other city council candidates on Sunday night.
Mayor Sherman Lea, Robert Jeffrey, Peter Volosin, and Councilwoman Patricia White-Boyd are Democratic candidates for November’s election.
“Now more than ever, we need leaders focused on policy that allows every person and community to thrive,” Northam said in a statement. “This year’s Democratic ticket for Roanoke Mayor and City Council is a team united to lead and support the valley through these changing times, and I hope you’ll join me in supporting them on November 3rd.”
- StormTracker 8: Wet Weekend Ahead
- Sources: Antonio Brown will sign with Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Navy: ‘Aircrew did not survive’ crash in Alabama neighborhood
- Chesterfield Police ask for public’s help solving three recent crimes
- A conversation with Bob Good, the Republican vying for Virginia’s 5th Congressional District seat