ASHLAND, Va. (WRIC) — Is that a bear over there? An Ashland resident called the Ashland Police Department on Sunday to report a possible bear sighting between Randolph Street and Route One south of Myrtle Street.
The department posted the report on Facebook at 12:30 p.m., “out of an abundance of caution.”
The post explains there are typically a few bear cub spottings a year in Ashland. Police advise residents to give the bears space to move through town. According to the post, “when we do see these wild animals, they are non-aggressive, and more afraid of us than we are of them.”
Bear sightings in Ashland can be reported to Hanover Emergency Communications at 804-365-6140.
- StormTracker 8: Overnight Showers followed by clearing on Friday
- Man mauled after paying for ‘full-contact’ leopard experience in Florida
- Virginia Democrats drop lawsuit challenging Richmond registrar
- Clemson QB Trevor Lawrence tests positive for COVID-19
- Panera adds one of America’s favorite foods to its menu – pizza