HANOVER COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — Hanover deputies issued a warning to residents who have received letters asking for donations to local law enforcement: It’s a scam.
The county’s Sheriff’s Office used the reoccurring incidents to remind residents that deputies will only ask for donations at in-person events.
The office is not connected with any organizations asking for local’s money, deputies added.
“Please don’t hesitate to contact the non-emergency number (804) 365-6140 should there ever be a question to the authenticity of an organization acting on behalf of the Hanover County Sheriff’s Office,” deputies added.
- Blackstone vaccine clinic to offer shots for everyone 5 and up
- Best Christmas decorations sales happening now
- ‘Gifts from the Heart’: Biden White House Christmas decorations unveiled
- Portsmouth tattoo parlor offers free cover-ups for gang, hate-group related ink
- Chesterfield and Colonial Heights Crime Solvers looking for two fugitives