HANOVER COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — Hanover deputies issued a warning to residents who have received letters asking for donations to local law enforcement: It’s a scam.
The county’s Sheriff’s Office used the reoccurring incidents to remind residents that deputies will only ask for donations at in-person events.
The office is not connected with any organizations asking for local’s money, deputies added.
“Please don’t hesitate to contact the non-emergency number (804) 365-6140 should there ever be a question to the authenticity of an organization acting on behalf of the Hanover County Sheriff’s Office,” deputies added.
- Hampton Roads native looking toward Tokyo Olympics; focusing on mental game during pandemic
- Coronavirus relief: When will lawmakers reach deal on more help for Americans?
- A two-week shutdown is a possible option in Virginia to stunt COVID-19 spread after Thanksgiving
- Henrico woman pleads guilty to directing laser pointer at police plane
- Conexus ‘Gift of Light’ campaign gifts Richmond student in need