Virginia State Police are investigating a crash in New Kent County that left one person dead and sent another to the hospital with serious injuries.
Police say Lottie M. Taliaferro, 38, of Mattaponi died at the scene of an accident where her Mitsubishi Mirage crossed the center line of Route 273 and struck a Chrysler Concorde driven by Lenora D. Sheppard, 38, also of Mattaponi. Taliaferro’s vehicle then ran off the road and caught fire.
Both drivers were wearing their seatbelts. No further information is available on Sheppard’s condition.
A VSP investigation is ongoing.
- Hot Pockets recalled because they may contain pieces of plastic, glass
- Former NC State national champion Coleman Stewart earns TYR Pro Swim Series victory
- Vanecek makes 30 saves in NHL debut, Capitals sweep Sabres
- ‘If it wasn’t my job I would have done that for free’: Officer after surviving Capitol mob assault
- HHS Secretary Azar ‘still serving the American people’ as he submits resignation effective Jan. 20