PETERSBURG, Va. (WRIC) — Residents frustrated by trash in a Petersburg neighborhood tell 8News the issue has been fixed.
8News reported on Jan, 13, that some neighbors in Petersburg were frustrated with trash being dumped behind homes on Marshall Street. Calling it an ‘eyesore,’ residents reached out to 8News for help.
“I just would wish that the folks who are doing this kind of stuff would get a clue and stop it,” Petersburg resident Bob Rogers told 8News.
8News has learned that the day after our report aired, the Code Compliance Division of Petersburg put notices on resident’s doors demanding that they get rid of the trash.
An eyesore, no more.
Taking action, getting results!
- New poll shows 20% of Black voters in Virginia have no political affiliation days before election
- Virginia to play Michigan State, Virginia Tech draws Penn State in ACC/Big 10 men’s basketball challenge
- Virginia voters, legislators split on redistricting amendment
- Health experts cite virus’s effect on Maryland’s Latino community
- VHSL sports on track to begin in December