CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — Voters now have four more places to vote early in Chesterfield County.
The early voting sites include four libraries:
Curbside voting will be offered at all four locations.
On Monday, 8News saw a steady flow of traffic at the North Courthouse Road Library. There, cars circled to park and voters like Frankie Chambers lined up to go in.
“I wanted to make sure my vote gets in early,” said Chambers, telling 8News that she really liked the option to vote at her local library.
The new sites offer weekday voting from 10 a.m. until 8 p.m. In addition, the Chesterfield General Registrar Constance Hargrove says locals can vote early for the next two Saturdays.
“The 24th and the 31st, we’re open from 9 until 5,” Hargrove said.
If residents want to skip the long lines, locals can drop off their completed absentee ballot at a box inside each library. Worried about potential tampering? Hargrove said it’s very secure.
“It is manned by an officer of election at all times. It comes back to the Registrar’s office every night,” Hargrove added.
Curbside voting is also available for anyone over 65, disabled, or exposed to COVID-19. There is also a phone number when you pull up. It is posted on the sign in front of the libraries.
“They can give us a call and say they want to vote in their vehicle,” Hargrove said.
If you plan to go inside to vote early in person, voters told us don’t be deterred by the long lines.
“Oh, it’s been going very fast, it’s gone great,” Chambers said.
You can still vote early at the Chesterfield Registrar’s Office, where a ballot box is located as well.
Voters are asked to wear a mask and follow state and federal social distancing guidelines.
Click here for the latest information about the General Election in Chesterfield County.
2020 ELECTION COVERAGE
- Trump ally, former NJ governor Chris Christie: president's election fraud claims are a 'national embarrassment'In an interview on Sunday, former New Jersey Governor and frequent Trump aide Christie condemned the Trump team's challenges against the victory of president-elect Joe Biden as "a national embarrassment."
- President Donald Trump’s campaign has requested a recount of votes in the Georgia presidential race, a day after state officials certified results showing Democrat Joe Biden won the state.
- Georgia’s top elections official on Friday certified results showing Democrat Joe Biden won the presidential race in the state after a hand tally stemming from a mandatory audit affirmed the Democrat’s lead over Republican President Donald Trump.
- Fighting to challenge an election he lost to President-elect Joe Biden, Trump has launched a barrage of lawsuits across the country. Top Republicans have stood behind him and said they will wait for those cases to be resolved before officially recognizing the winner, a standard that has no modern precedent.
- WILMINGTON, Del. (NEXSTAR/AP)- President-elect Joe Biden and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris held a news conference Thursday afternoon after meeting with the National Governor Association's leadership team. The National Governor Association's leadership team is comprised of five Republicans and four Democrats. According to the Associated Press, all of the Democrats and a majority of the Republicans […]
- Democratic Party officials in Virginia sent a letter Thursday to Richmond's Electoral Board calling for the resignation of the city's general registrar, J. Kirk Showalter, or for the board to dismiss Showalter over her handling of the 2020 election.
- A divide has begun to emerge among Democrats between the progressive and moderate wings of the party, stemming from a disappointing election performance.
- SAVANNAH, Ga. (AP) — When Gov. Brian Kemp won election two years ago, he pushed back forcefully against an outcry from Democrats who accused him of suppressing voter turnout to improve his odds of winning. “Look, we have laws on the books that prevent elections from being stolen from anyone,” Kemp, who oversaw that election […]
- Virginia's election results were certified Wednesday during a brief state Board of Elections meeting, two days after they were initially scheduled to be finalized.
- In normal times, the certification of election results is a routine process that doesn’t get much attention. But these are not normal times. As part of an ongoing series of attacks on the integrity of the election, President Donald Trump and his Republican allies are trying to stop the formal certification of results in some […]