CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (WRIC) — The Charlottesville region is set to uncork plenty of outdoor fun over the next week. It’s time for the Taste of Monticello Wine Trail Festival. It runs April 29th-May 5th.
Here’s the schedule from the festival website:
· Festival Kick-Off – Monday, April 29: Monticello Cup Awards Vault Virginia 6-10 p.m. An exciting event for the wine enthusiast to kick off this year’s Taste of Monticello Wine Trail Festival, taste award-winning wines from the 2019 Monticello Cup WineCompetition alongside the wine growers and winemakers who made them. The night ends with the competition results for the Top 6 wines and winner of the prestigious Monticello Cup for the overall highest scoring wine.
· Tuesday, April 30 – Thursday, May 2: Winemaker Dinners A series of collaborative dinners between local restaurants and wineries. For event details and locations, visit monticellowinetrailfestival.com. Reservations are required for each dinner. Contact participating wineries. More dinners to be added.
o Wednesday, May 1 – Brasserie Saison Winemakers Dinner (Afton Mountain Vineyards & Jake Busching Wines).
o Thursday, May 2 – Taste of White Hall Winemakers Dinner (Grace Estate Winery, Stinson Vineyards, White Hall Vineyards)
o Thursday, May 2 – Going Rogue: A Most Peculiar Wine Tasting (Early Mountain Vineyards, Flying Fox Vineyards, King Family Vineyards, Lightwell Survey Wines, Veritas Vineyard & Winery)
· Friday, May 3: The 3rd Annual Rosé Lunch 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Call for event information: 434.245.4920 The 3rd annual Monticello AVA Rosé Lunch will feature four rosés from the Monticello AVA perfectly paired with a seasonal menu.
· Friday, May 3: Winery Tours and Tastings For event details and locations, visit monticellowinetrailfestival.com. These events will have limited tickets available depending on location. Please contact participating winery for more information.
· Friday, May 3: A Spirited Wine Trail Reception For event details and locations, visit monticellowinetrailfestival.com.
· Saturday, May 4: The Grand Tasting Sprint Pavilion 1:30-5:30 p.m. (VIP ticket holders gain early entry at 12:30 p.m.) Tickets (ages 12 and under are Free): General Admission: $29 until Midnight April 15, $35 after April 15, $40 at gate General Admission Designated Driver or Under 21: $10 VIP: $80 VIP Designated Driver or Under 21: $25 Tasting event at Sprint Pavilion featuring more than 25 local wineries and live entertainment. An exclusive VIP ticket is
available and offers catered food and an opportunity for sampling exclusive wines from each winery. Wine tastings will be limited to one flight of tastings per winery with the purchase of your ticket. Extra wine can be purchased by the glass or bottle.
· Festival Finale – Sunday, May 5: The 4th Annual Sparkling Brunch Veritas Vineyard & Winery 10 a.m.-Noon | Tickets are $25 Wrapping up this year’s Taste of Monticello Wine Trail Festival, the 4th Annual Monticello AVA Sparkling Brunch will be held at Veritas Vineyard & Winery and will feature sparkling wines from five area wineries. The ticket prices includes food and a tasting from each sparkling producer. Additional glasses, or bottles, of sparkling wine can be purchased for on and offsite consumption.
You can learn more about the festival and how to get tickets here.