RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) – Cary Angeline and Thayer Thomas had second-half touchdown catches to help North Carolina State beat Duke 31-20 on Saturday.
N.C. State also got a strong defensive performance that included a third straight game with a goal-line stand.
Duke’s Chase Brice threw for a touchdown but also had three interceptions.
Both teams had blocked punts for touchdowns.
The Wolfpack’s win came despite losing starting quarterback Devin Leary to injury in the third quarter.
Leary was carted off with his lower left leg in an aircast. He later returned to the sideline on crutches and wearing a protective boot.
- StormTracker 8: Wet Weekend Ahead
- Sources: Antonio Brown will sign with Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Navy: ‘Aircrew did not survive’ crash in Alabama neighborhood
- Chesterfield Police ask for public’s help solving three recent crimes
- A conversation with Bob Good, the Republican vying for Virginia’s 5th Congressional District seat