EL PASO, Texas (Border Report) — Two people died in a rollover crash involving a pickup that fled from a Border Patrol checkpoint Saturday in Southern Arizona, U.S. Customs and Border Protection said in a news release.
Shortly after 10:30 p.m. March 28, a black Chevrolet with two occupants approached the Border Patrol checkpoint on Interstate 8 near Yuma, Ariz. Agents said the driver failed to stop and sped off, prompting agents to pursue the vehicle.
Agents said the chase ended when the driver lost control of the truck and rolled over. Agents performed First Aid and immediately called emergency personnel. However, both people in the truck died from the injuries.
U.S. Customs and Border Protection’s Office of Professional Responsibility is investigating the incident in collaboration with the Arizona Department of Public Safety.
Visit BorderReport.com for the latest exclusive stories and breaking news about issues along the United States-Mexico border.
- Social media influencer charged in 2016 voter suppression scheme
- San Francisco votes to remove Washington, Lincoln from school names
- ‘Farewell for now’: Olympia beer pausing production after 125 years
- The ‘Wolf Moon’ will rise in the sky this week – here’s how you can best view it
- Hobby Lobby to end 40% off coupon at the end of February