(CNN) — A 68-year-old Nigerian woman has given birth to twins – a boy and a girl.
Margaret Adenuga and her husband Noah, who is 77, married in 1974 and always wanted children of their own.
Even after many failed attempts, they never gave up.
Margaret underwent three IVF procedures before finally conceiving.
The two healthy babies were delivered via caesarean section at 37 weeks last week.
The hospital waited to announce the news, allowing the first-time mother some time to recuperate.
Margaret and Noah are overjoyed.
Although 68 is a very late age to give birth safely, last year, a 73-year-old woman in India safely delivered twin girls after she also conceived by way of IVF.
- Patriots look to rebound as they host 2-0 Raiders
- StormTracker 8: Mild with mainly cloudy skies
- Patterson steps up, leads No. 20 Hokies past NC State 45-24
- Crash under investigation in Hanover County
- Rosie’s Gaming Emporium builds bunk beds for Bunks Across America