(NEXSTAR Media Wire) — A zookeeper in Australia is in critical condition after being mauled by two lions.
The 35-year-old woman was cleaning their enclosures on Friday when she was attacked.
The incident happened at Shoalhaven Zoo about 100 miles South of Sydney.
Paramedics found the woman unconscious in the lion enclosure.
She was then airlifted to a Sydney hospital in “a critical but stable condition,” police said.
The zoo was not open at the time of the incident due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- StormTracker 8: Mild with mainly cloudy skies
- Patriots look to rebound as they host 2-0 Raiders
- Patterson steps up, leads No. 20 Hokies past NC State 45-24
- Crash under investigation in Hanover County
- Rosie’s Gaming Emporium builds bunk beds for Bunks Across America