FORT VALLEY, Ga (WJBF) – The body of a missing Fort Valley State University student has been found.
According to the Peach County Sheriff’s Office, the body has been identified as that of 23-year-old Anitra Gunn.
The senior at Fort Valley State University, located in Georgia, was last seen on Friday morning.
Deputies confirm her vehicle was found over the weekend but the front bumper was not attached to the car.
On Monday, the Georgia State Patrol’s aviation team used helicopters to search the area.
Anitra Gunn was a full-time student studying agriculture.
The Georgia Bureau of Investigations (GBI) has not announced a cause of death or an arrest in this case.
- Chesterfield Fire deems 2-alarm blaze on Marina Drive ‘accidental’
- ‘The greatest challenge of my career’: Richmond nurse set to help COVID-19 patients in flooded New York City hospitals
- Lawmakers and organizations want more resources for teachers and students
- ‘Coronavirus: Facts Not Fear’ evening update – April 1, 2020
- Juvenile recovering after shooting at Wawa