CHICAGO (WGN) — A Chicago officer has been stripped of his police powers after he was caught on camera making vulgar gestures toward protestors.
As the officer and his partner left the scene of a George Floyd protest, he was caught on camera flipping off the protesters.
“I’ve seen the photograph of the officer in uniform giving people the finger,” the mayor said last week. “That person should be stripped of police powers and start the process for firing him.”
The police superintendent’s office said the officer, whose name has not yet been released, has been demoted to desk duty.
- Los Angeles Dodgers win World Series in 6 games, defeat Tampa Bay Rays, 3-1
- Protests, looting in Philadelphia after police fatally shoot Black man Walter Wallace Jr.
- National poll: Joe Biden leads President Trump by 5 points one week from Election Day
- Police: Woman covered care-dependent husband with kitty litter after accident
- Alabama school’s Facebook page taken over, police have one in custody on unrelated charges