(CNN) — A sweet bonus is coming Delta Airlines employees.
The company is giving its workers two months extra pay as a bonus for the airline’s strong performance in 2019.
It’s part of the company’s profit-sharing program.
Delta announced it’s giving workers $1.6 billion in bonuses.
That means every eligible employee will get a check next month for nearly 17 percent of their annual salary.
That works out the be two months pay.
Delta’s CEO said “Delta would be nothing without our 90,000 people. They deserve all the credit.”
Delta says the payout is a record amount for the airline and the sixth straight year it has paid out more than a billion to workers.
The profit-sharing does not include Delta’s officers, directors and general managers.
- Caroline County supervisor facing backlash after social post on disabled students talks with 8News
- ‘This run was always meant to give back to kids’: Teacher runs 50 miles to raise money for students
- Aid for Puerto Rico following devastating earthquakes could be in jeopardy
- Bill requires statewide policy on transgender student treatment
- You might not need a will — but here’s why you should make your final wishes known