(CNN) — A sweet bonus is coming Delta Airlines employees.
The company is giving its workers two months extra pay as a bonus for the airline’s strong performance in 2019.
It’s part of the company’s profit-sharing program.
Delta announced it’s giving workers $1.6 billion in bonuses.
That means every eligible employee will get a check next month for nearly 17 percent of their annual salary.
That works out the be two months pay.
Delta’s CEO said “Delta would be nothing without our 90,000 people. They deserve all the credit.”
Delta says the payout is a record amount for the airline and the sixth straight year it has paid out more than a billion to workers.
The profit-sharing does not include Delta’s officers, directors and general managers.
- Father of man accused in Louisa vape shop drug raid speaks out against son: ‘I would have thrown him under the bus’
- A conversation with Sen. Mark Warner on COVID-19, a second stimulus package, health care and his race against Daniel Gade
- ‘It would create a constitutional crisis’: Democrats, Republicans clash on when to fill Supreme Court vacancy
- Health care, abortion center stage in SCOTUS fight
- Man, juvenile charged in deadly shooting of 19-year-old in Henrico