(CNN) — Dick’s Sporting Goods has announced it will stop selling guns at an additional 440 stores across the country.
The move by the largest U.S. sporting goods retailer follows a series of decisions to scale back gun sales.
After the school shooting in Parkland, Florida in 2018, Dick’s announced it would stop selling semi-automatic weapons.
A few months later, Dick’s pulled firearms and hunting accessories from 10 stores as a test and overall sales increased at those stores.
And in March 2019, the company pulled guns and ammunition from 125 additional stores.
Now, Dick’s plans to nearly quadruple the number of its stores without guns.
- Social media influencer charged in 2016 voter suppression scheme
- San Francisco votes to remove Washington, Lincoln from school names
- ‘Farewell for now’: Olympia beer pausing production after 125 years
- The ‘Wolf Moon’ will rise in the sky this week – here’s how you can best view it
- Hobby Lobby to end 40% off coupon at the end of February