BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Police are investigating a shooting that took place at the Bill Harris Arena in west Birmingham. The shooting happened during rapper Lil Baby’s concert Saturday night.
At 10:20 p.m., during Lil Baby’s stage performance a physical altercation ensued amongst promoters and entourage members in the backstage area of the Bill Harris Arena, police report. The physical altercation heightened resulting in one person being shot.
The victim was taken to UAB hospital with life-threatening injuries. Their condition has since been updated to stable.
There are no suspects in custody, Birmingham police report. This is an ongoing investigation and additional details will be provided as they come available.
After gunfire erupted inside the arena, the concert was canceled.
- Washington Huddle: Jake’s Fantasy Takes Week 12
- Washington Football Team president, owners won’t be at Thanksgiving game due to COVID-19 exposures
- ‘Chesterfield County schools failed us miserably’: Parents, teachers frustrated by districts handling of virtual learning
- VCDL president says no pro-gun rally on Lobby Day, claims ‘double standard’ as gun-control advocates take coveted time slots
- ‘Unfair and very discriminatory’: State employee put on leave days after raising concerns about racism