FORT MYERS, Fla. (AP/CNN) — More than 3,500 rental cars are damaged or destroyed after a fire near a southwest Florida airport.
The Fort Myers News-Press reports the fire burned at a rental car overflow area near Southwest Florida International Airport.
Firefighters contained the blaze late Friday night. Another 3,850 vehicles were undamaged.
Nobody was hurt, but witnesses told the newspaper they heard several explosions and flames jumping high in the air.
- Man in custody after police find female assault victim on East Broad Rock Road
- Petition leads to change in who plays Native American characters in ‘Lost Colony’
- Body count from drug cartel wars earns Mexican cities label of ‘most violent in the world’
- Man seriously hurt in York County crash, 2 arrested and charged with DUI and hit-and-run
- Kentucky mom accused of killing son, 10, after trying to cut out his tongue