FORT MYERS, Fla. (AP/CNN) — More than 3,500 rental cars are damaged or destroyed after a fire near a southwest Florida airport.
The Fort Myers News-Press reports the fire burned at a rental car overflow area near Southwest Florida International Airport.
Firefighters contained the blaze late Friday night. Another 3,850 vehicles were undamaged.
Nobody was hurt, but witnesses told the newspaper they heard several explosions and flames jumping high in the air.
- Texas 3-year-old dies after accidentally shooting himself during his birthday party
- Biden has 3-point lead over Trump in Texas, poll shows
- FBI investigating fire set in Boston ballot dropbox
- Senate to confirm Amy Coney Barrett’s Supreme Court nomination
- Crater Health District reports substantial community spread of coronavirus