LEHIGH ACRES, Fla. (AP) — Sheriff’s deputies in Florida arrested a man who was caught on video tackling and punching his dog.
Lee County Sheriff Carmine Marceno said in a Facebook post that his office was made aware of doorbell video that showed 28-year-old Joshua Schlotmann punching the dog, named Thanos.
Marceno said Schlotmann “delivered three closed-fisted blows” to the dog.
Lee County Domestic Animal Services took custody of the dog.
Marceno said he won’t stand for animal abuse and “will keep throwing these abusers in jail until they get the message.”
- Los Angeles Dodgers win World Series in 6 games, defeat Tampa Bay Rays, 3-1
- Protests, looting in Philadelphia after police fatally shoot Black man Walter Wallace Jr.
- National poll: Joe Biden leads President Trump by 5 points one week from Election Day
- Police: Woman covered care-dependent husband with kitty litter after accident
- Alabama school’s Facebook page taken over, police have one in custody on unrelated charges