MIDDLE TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) — Laboratory analysis shows heroin was found in a child’s bag at a southern New Jersey trunk or treat event.
Cape May County Prosecutor Jeffrey Sutherland on Monday announced it was one isolated incident, but parents should be vigilant and cautious of any suspicious looking packages.
It’s not known where the heroin came from or how it got in the bag.
The trunk or treat party was held Friday at the Shore Family Success Center in Middle Township. The center provides family support services and the event was promoted as a “fun-filled night.”
The child did not ingest the substance.
Sutherland says parents should not let their children consume any candy until it is inspected.
- StormTracker 8: Close to seasonal start to your work week
- Amid fears of ‘insider’ attack, FBI vetting Guard troops in DC
- Two teens fatally shoot each other in New Iberia
- No. 20 Virginia Tech slips past Wake Forest 64-60
- Gun-rights group that brought thousands to Richmond for Lobby Day last year returns