MIDDLE TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) — Laboratory analysis shows heroin was found in a child’s bag at a southern New Jersey trunk or treat event.
Cape May County Prosecutor Jeffrey Sutherland on Monday announced it was one isolated incident, but parents should be vigilant and cautious of any suspicious looking packages.
It’s not known where the heroin came from or how it got in the bag.
The trunk or treat party was held Friday at the Shore Family Success Center in Middle Township. The center provides family support services and the event was promoted as a “fun-filled night.”
The child did not ingest the substance.
Sutherland says parents should not let their children consume any candy until it is inspected.
- WAVY-TV 10 partners with Norfolk State University for U.S. Senatorial debate
- Sen. Mark Warner wins the Spartan- style debate coin toss for NSU debate
- National Coffee Day: Freebies and deals from Dunkin, Krispy Kreme, Starbucks and more
- Candy factory giveaway: Willy Wonka-like ‘golden ticket’ search begins this week
- Italian restaurant takes anti-mask stance with ‘Godfather’ billboard