BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — Louisiana officials have reported two additional deaths tied to Hurricane Laura, bringing the storm’s total death toll in the state to 25.
The Louisiana Department of Health said Saturday that a 52-year-old Grant Parish man died of a heat-related illness while removing storm debris. A 25-year-old man in Natchitoches Parish died of electrocution after coming into direct contact with a power line. The Health Department said he was resuscitated at the time but later died. The coroner has confirmed this death was storm-related.
The Category 4 storm roared ashore in southwest Louisiana on Aug. 27. Five deaths in Texas were also attributed to the storm.
- StormTracker 8: Warm with an evening shower today
- 2020 Election FAQ: Is there a witness requirement for absentee ballots?
- Second stimulus checks: White House less optimistic than Pelosi on pre-election deal
- 20 staff quarantined, several positive after wedding at Wintergreen Resort in Nelson County
- Coronavirus update: 65 new cases of COVID-19 reported in Chesterfield