ABBEVILLE, La. (WKRG) — It’s still too early too know just how much devastation Hurricane Laura will leave behind in Louisiana. But we are starting to see some of the impact and damage.
Video from the scene shows a massive tree on top of a house. Lieggi says a family of five lives there. Laura is the strongest storm to ever make landfall on this part of the Gulf Coast. It made landfall near Cameron at about 1 AM Thursday morning with winds of more than 150 miles per hour.
- COVID-19 vaccine appointments available at Randolph Macon College this weekend
- Biden welcomes Japan’s prime minister as China watches
- Officer dislocates shoulder of woman with dementia after she ‘forgets’ to pay $14 for groceries: lawsuit
- Utah lawmakers want newspaper to apologize for ‘horrific’ cartoon of fellow congressman
- Activate this ‘hidden’ Facebook feature to protect your account from hackers