(CNN) – Little Caesars is donating 1 million pizzas to first responders on the front lines of the coronavirus pandemic.
The pizza chain says pies will be donated to hospitals, police departments, and fire departments.
The promotion kicks off Tuesday at the Detroit Medical Center in the company’s hometown.
Little Caesars says the donations will pay for more than 4 million meals.
Starting next Monday, customers can also get in on the action. When they use the little Caesars app or order online, they have the option to “pie it forward” and donate a pizza to a nearby hospital or first responders.
- Parenting during the pandemic: how you can get virtual help for free
- StormTracker 8: Sunny, cool today; Rain for Thanksgiving
- Richmond task force on reimagining public safety releases final report
- Chesterfield Police seek armed robbery suspects
- Hampton Roads native looking toward Tokyo Olympics; focusing on mental game during pandemic