ORIENTAL N.C. (WNCT) – People say dogs are a man’s best friend.
That is proving to be especially true for a Pamlico County man.
Rudy Armstrong spends most of his time with his chihuahua Bu-Bu on his boat in Oriental.
One morning Armstrong felt sick, and told Bu-Bu to get help.
The dog ran out the door, and five minutes later came back with the dock master, who called 911.
Armstrong was taken to CarolinaEast Medical Center, where doctors determined he was suffering a stroke.
Armstrong says he can’t wait to be back with his life-saving Bu-Bu.
“I’m excited about getting to see her. I mean she sleeps with me, when I go someplace in the car she goes with me, and all that. You know I mean we do everything together”, he explains.
Armstrong is still in the hospital, but says he’s recovering nicely.
- Second stimulus check: President-elect Biden’s thoughts on $1,200 payments
- StormTracker 8: Mild with extra clouds tonight
- Jeopardy! shares Alex Trebek’s final Thanksgiving message: ‘There are many reasons to be thankful’
- Small Business Saturday: A paramount day in Richmond for retail sales (and safety)
- GRTC reports second new employee case of COVID-19 this week