TAMPA (WFLA) – NBA legend Michael Jordan donated $2 million to the nationwide hunger-relief charity, Feeding America.
In a statement, Jordan said the money comes from proceeds he earned from The Last Dance documentary.
“In these challenging times and in a year of unimaginable difficulty due to COVID-19, it’s more important than ever to pause and give thanks,” he said. “I am proud to be donating additional proceeds from The Last Dance to Feeding America and its member food banks in the Carolinas and Chicago to help feed America’s hungry.”
The charity encouraged others to go to FeedingAmerica.org/COVID19 to learn how to donate or volunteer this holiday season.
- Chesterfield man charged for punching woman in face, taking off with her car
- Union Presbyterian Seminary to require COVID-19 vaccinations for all students, staff this fall
- Crew-2 launch: When and how to watch NASA, SpaceX send crewed mission to ISS Friday
- Panel: End commanders’ power to block military sex cases
- Vitafusion recall: Select gummy vitamins, including kid’s melatonin, may contain metal mesh