CHARLOTTE, N.C. (WNCN) — One of two girls who were the subject of a North Carolina AMBER Alert Monday night has been located.
Officers with the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department confirm a child, abducted by her father, has been found.
Police say 1-year-old Aziyah Sana’a Garner is safe and unharmed after 35-year-old Edward Silk Garner, Sr., took her and 3-year-old Dior Muhammad, yesterday.
Muhammad is still missing and an AMBER Alert is in place. He was last seen wearing black pants and a gray shirt.
According to the North Carolina Department of Public Safety, Dior stands about 3 feet tall, weighs around 32 pounds, and has black hair and brown eyes.
According to the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department, Edward Silk Garner, Sr., is wanted in the murder of 28-year-old Aiesha Shantel Summers.
Edward Silk Garner Sr., 35, and his son Edward Silk Garner Jr., 18, were believed to be with the two children, according to the Alert.
“Edward Silk Garner, Jr., was in the car with his father (and it is) unknown what his role is in the abduction on his sister,” the AMBER Alert said.
The group is in traveling a white 2000 Mercedes Benz S430 sedan with North Carolina license tag number HCV-1629.
Edward Garner is considered armed and dangerous, police said.
If you have any information regarding this abduction, call the Charlotte Mecklenburg Police Department immediately at (800) 522-5437, 704-353-0890 or call 911 or *HP.
- 15 dead when SUV carrying 27 collides with semi-truck in Imperial County
- Roanoke funeral directors adapting, including resources to last after COVID-19 pandemic ends
- Danville Police say 10 people charged; more than $125K in drugs, firearms seized during ‘Operation Justice without Borders’
- Frist case of South Africa COVID-19 variant identified in Northwest Virginia
- Books about strong women to read for Women’s History Month