(Nexstar Media Wire) — Patrick Ewing, the head coach of the Georgetown Hoyas, has tested positive for the coronavirus.
The former New York Knicks star announced the diagnosis on Twitter, adding, “This virus is serious and should not be taken lightly.”
Ewing decided to share the news publicly to “emphasize that this virus can affect anyone,” according to a statement from Georgetown Athletics.
Ewing is isolated at an area hospital for treatment.
No one else in the Georgetown men’s basketball program has tested positive for the virus, according to the statement.
“I want everyone to stay safe and take care of yourselves and your loved ones,” Ewing tweeted.
- Virginia colleges making changes to spring break to slow spread of COVID-19
- StormTracker 8: Dense morning fog then sunshine
- How to stay safe: CDC guidelines for traveling during pandemic
- Liberty football has momentum after historic win
- Trump vs. Biden: Are there any undecided voters left?