“Jeopardy!” host Alex Trebek has died after battling pancreatic cancer for nearly two years. “Jeopardy!” studio Sony says Trebek died at home early Sunday with family and friends surrounding him. He was 80.
Trebek presided over the beloved quiz show for more than 30 years. He was a master of the format, engaging in friendly banter with contestants and appearing genuinely pleased when they answered correctly. He was also able to move the game along in a brisk no-nonsense fashion whenever people struggled for answers.
- Texas deputy AG apologizes to Simone Biles after calling her ‘childish’ and ‘selfish’
- Reigning BMX gold medalist Connor Fields stretchered off
- Fully vaccinated North Carolina couple who got COVID-19 have message for others
- Navy: Sailor suspected of starting fire that destroyed ship on San Diego Bay
- Florida 7-year-old shot by younger sibling while caregiver slept, deputies say