EATONTON, Ga. – A small plane has crashed in rural Georgia, killing all five on board, including four members of a Florida family who were traveling to a funeral in Indiana.
Putnam County Sheriff Howard Sills says no one survived the afternoon crash about 100 miles southeast of Atlanta.
Sills identified the victims as 67-year-old Larry Ray Pruitt, of Morriston, Florida; Shawn Charles Lamont of Gainesville, Florida; his wife Jody Rae Lamont and their two children, 6-year-old Jayce and 4-year-old Alice.
The Federal Aviation Administration said the Piper PA31-T was flying from Williston, Florida, to Newcastle, Indiana.
This is a developing story. Stay with 8News for updates.
- Los Angeles Dodgers win World Series in 6 games, defeat Tampa Bay Rays, 3-1
- Protests, looting in Philadelphia after police fatally shoot Black man Walter Wallace Jr.
- National poll: Joe Biden leads President Trump by 5 points one week from Election Day
- Police: Woman covered care-dependent husband with kitty litter after accident
- Alabama school’s Facebook page taken over, police have one in custody on unrelated charges