EATONTON, Ga. – A small plane has crashed in rural Georgia, killing all five on board, including four members of a Florida family who were traveling to a funeral in Indiana.
Putnam County Sheriff Howard Sills says no one survived the afternoon crash about 100 miles southeast of Atlanta.
Sills identified the victims as 67-year-old Larry Ray Pruitt, of Morriston, Florida; Shawn Charles Lamont of Gainesville, Florida; his wife Jody Rae Lamont and their two children, 6-year-old Jayce and 4-year-old Alice.
The Federal Aviation Administration said the Piper PA31-T was flying from Williston, Florida, to Newcastle, Indiana.
This is a developing story. Stay with 8News for updates.
- Hospital staff gives patient a surprise farewell parade after 3-month battle with COVID-19
- Staff finds meth in Abbeville motel room disguised in Arizona tea cans
- LDH confirms COVID-19 outbreak connected to Louisiana Classic wrestling tournament
- Louisville hands Duke 3rd straight loss 70-65
- Lafayette teen recounts attempt on his life during Grindr date