FORT HOOD, TX (KWKT) – The man accused of killing Fort Hood Pfc. Brandon Scoot Rosecrans tried to blame someone else for the murder, according to a newly released arrest affidavit.
Police found the 27-year-old’s body on May 18th. Officers found his vehicle on fire a few blocks away.
Brandon Michael Olivares was charged with the soldier’s murder Wednesday
In the arrest affidavit, detectives say Olivares first claimed another person, Jai Smith, killed Rosecrans while they were driving back from San Antonio where they had bought illegal drugs.
Investigators say they obtained the phone records for all three men to check that story. They say Smith’s phones never left Killeen that night.
They also say Smith’s girlfriend confirmed he did not leave San Antonio that night. She also told detectives that Olivares claimed he shot and killed Rosecrans for trying to rape his girlfriend.
Olivares is in the Bell County Jail on a $1,000,000 bond. He was already in jail when he was charged with murder.
- 400 Johnson & Johnson vaccine doses to be administered in New Kent on Friday
- UR Board of Trustees to create renaming commission
- Chesterfield Police Department searching for missing 42-year-old woman
- Middle school, high school students resume in-person learning in Petersburg
- Biden meets with bipartisan group of lawmakers to discuss American Jobs Plan