(CNN) – Prince Harry and Meghan Markle aren’t royals anymore – or are they?
Turns out, Buckingham Palace isn’t quite sure, either.
It’s become an issue because the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are hoping to generate income through their brand called Sussex Royal.
They both agreed to stop using the titles His and Her Royal Highness last month.
The question is, can they use the term “royal” for their brand?
The New York Times reported earlier this month an aide to the queen warned them against doing so.
A royal source says it’s still being discussed, but the term will most likely be dropped from the brand.
- 5 injured after deck collapses in Virginia
- A conversation with Daniel Gade, the Republican facing Mark Warner in Virginia Senate race
- Nation’s top military leaders put on hot seat about their role in Trump’s church photo op
- Trump executive order touts Hispanic prosperity
- Pentagon officials: Investigation into removal of protesters near White House almost done