SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico — Puerto Rico’s governor is asking federal officials to ban all flights from U.S. cities with a high number of coronavirus cases to help prevent the spread in the U.S. territory.
The petition by Gov. Wanda Vázquez to the Federal Aviation Administration comes as officials accuse some visitors of taking medicine to lower their fevers to avoid being placed in quarantine. National Guard members screen people at the island’s main international airport.
The National Guard has said at least two passengers from New York who lowered their fever with medication are now hospitalized in the island with COVID-19.
- Honduran woman is free after living nearly 3 years in sanctuary at Richmond church
- Prince Philip moved to another hospital to be treated for infection
- Indiana councilman apologizes for blackface Halloween costume
- Video shows 14-year-old boy’s terrifying fall off roof while doing construction; contractor cited
- ‘Magnet for predators’: Hundreds claim decades of abuse by 150 youth center staffers