DOVER AIR FORCE BASE, Del. (WKRG/AP) — The remains of a North Carolina soldier who died in a rollover accident in Syria arrived at Dover Air Force Base Tuesday.
Spc. Antonio I. Moore, 22, of Wilmington, died Friday in Deir ez Zor Province, Syria, while conducting route-clearing operations, the department said. The incident is under investigation.
Moore was assigned to 363rd Engineer Battalion, 411th Engineer Brigade, Knightdale, North Carolina
According to military officials, about 750 U.S. troops are in eastern Syria.
- How schools are finding thousands of students they couldn’t reach when the pandemic began
- Teen-run project provides virtual activities, tutoring for kids during the pandemic
- Virginia business owner cooks up a plan to help working parents with online schooling
- Pandemic silver-lining: Why more parents are looking into home-based child care
- How one group works to keep kids in school, even if they’re learning online