(CNN) — According to CNN, the US is monitoring intelligence that North Korea’s leader, Kim Jong Un, is in grave danger after a surgery,
The information is according to a US official with direct knowledge of the situation.
CNN reports that Kim recently missed the celebration of his grandfather’s birthday on April 15, which raised speculation about his well-being. He had been seen four days before that at a government meeting.
CNN reached out to the CIA, National Security Council and the State Department for comment.
Click here to read CNN’s full report.
This is a developing story. Stay with 8News for updates.
- Richmond Raceway to host 2021 Cup Series races on April 18, September 11
- CAA announces plans for 2021 spring football season
- Severe lice infestation linked to girl’s death; parents charged
- Inclusive emojis: Transgender flag, male bride among new icons expected in the next iPhone operating system
- Tracking the Tropics: Development possible in Caribbean later this week or this weekend