SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – Getting in the holiday spirit means putting up decorations, sitting by the fire with hot cocoa, frosting cookies, or apparently, building a roof out of salami.
People across the country have started to take on the challenge to build a new tasty house in place of the standard gingerbread and gumdrops – welcome ‘charcuterie chalets.’
From prosciutto porches to a cheese walkway with almond trimming, you can decorate your house with all your favorite meats and cheeses. Many of the creations are fully edible, but let’s be honest, the point seems to be earning a few likes on social media.
Take a look at a few of the festive chalets below:
According to ABC News, the trend first surfaced in 2016, but has taken a leap forward this year as people sit home with way too much time on their hands.
- StormTracker8: Clouds and sun today; T’Storms expected Wednesday
- Virginia pausing all J&J vaccinations until investigation into blood clot reports is complete
- Virginia Commonwealth University plans to fully reopen for Fall semester
- US recommends pause on Johnson & Johnson vaccine use over blood clots
- Fox stands behind Tucker Carlson after Anti-Defamation League urges his firing