LAS VEGAS (KLAS) – The driver of an SUV is dead after fleeing a crash involving a pedestrian, then causing a second crash involving two other vehicles, police said.
According to Las Vegas Metro Police, the first crash happened around 11 p.m. Sunday when the driver of a Chevrolet SUV struck a pedestrian and left the scene.
Moments later, the driver ran a red light, resulting in a three-car collision, police said. That intersection was closed until around 6 a.m. Monday morning as police investigated the crash.
The SUV driver was transported to the hospital and pronounced dead. There was no information released on the pedestrian.
- Quiz: How well do you know the White House families?
- Biden, Pres. Trump campaigns continue into the final weekend of the presidential race
- Vice President Mike Pence to visit Elizabeth City Saturday
- As Trump faces uncertain future, so do his signature rallies
- PHOTOS: Long lines at Henrico polling places during last day of early voting