KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — A Knox County, Tennessee man is in jail after causing nearly $30,000 in damages to a cemetery in an attempt to resurrect his grandmother.
Law enforcement responded on Monday night to reports of vandalism at the church cemetery on Huckleberry Springs Road. Extensive damage including dig sites and broken headstones were found.
Danny Frazier admitted to destroying some of the property in an attempt to “resurrect his grandmother,” who is buried at the cemetery.
Frazier was arrested and charged with vandalism and criminal trespassing.
- Trump: ‘People are tired of hearing Fauci and all these idiots’
- Stimulus checks: Hours left to cut deal with $1,200 direct payments before Election Day
- TSA: Over 1 million airline passengers screened Sunday for first time since March
- Chesterfield County Public Schools reports five new COVID-19 cases over weekend
- DHS: Border travel restrictions to stay in place through Nov. 21