Today gives you special permission to go ahead and hug it out.
It’s National Hugging Day!
Whether you hug a family member or a stranger, the mental and physical health benefits are the same.
Receiving a hug is said to help reduce stress, lower blood pressure and ease anxiety.
So go ahead! Give someone a big hug.
Or, if you need one, ask for a hug and reap the benefits.
- Bond between puppy that can’t walk, pigeon that can’t fly at Rochester shelter captures hearts around the world
- Remarkable Women 2020: Kimberly Jones
- Body of missing Georgia college student found
- Caroline County supervisor facing backlash after social post on disabled students talks with 8News
- ‘This run was always meant to give back to kids’: Teacher runs 50 miles to raise money for students