Today gives you special permission to go ahead and hug it out.
It’s National Hugging Day!
Whether you hug a family member or a stranger, the mental and physical health benefits are the same.
Receiving a hug is said to help reduce stress, lower blood pressure and ease anxiety.
So go ahead! Give someone a big hug.
Or, if you need one, ask for a hug and reap the benefits.
- Amazon reveals over 19,000 workers got COVID-19
- LIVE: US House to begin voting on $2.2 trillion coronavirus stimulus bill; no bipartisan deal reached yet
- Chicken parts take their final flight… across Staples Mill Road
- Father of man accused in Louisa vape shop drug raid speaks out against son: ‘I would have thrown him under the bus’
- A conversation with Sen. Mark Warner on COVID-19, a second stimulus package, health care and his race against Daniel Gade