GULFPORT, Miss. (WJTV) – Storm Team 12 is tracking Hurricane Laura along the Mississippi Gulf Coast, where the storm is little more than 250 west outside of Lake Charles, Louisiana.
Neighbors on the coast are still in harms way due to storm surges from Laura’s massive winds. There are flooded side streets off Highway 603 south of Interstate 10 in Bay St. Louis.
Hancock County EMA officials predicted another two to four foot storm surge for their shorelines, which could put out another 100 roads in the county under water.
Click here to keep up with the Storm Team 12 forecast.
- Invasive ‘jumping worms’ spreading through several US states
- Working remotely? It’s time to rethink what is ‘home’ and what is ‘travel’
- Stafford man arrested in connection with Fredericksburg shooting
- StormTracker8: Clear skies early; Chance for showers late
- “A pillar and stalwart.” Charlotte resident and oldest living American dies at 116