(WRIC) — Travelers took to the skies for the July 4 holiday weekend for the biggest boom airlines have seen in months.
The new pandemic-era highs over the weekend comes after the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) screened more than 700,000 passengers for three consecutive days, according to officials.
That figure is the highest traffic agents have seen since mid-March.
The weekend was also the first since April when American Airlines began selling its flights at full capacity. The airline is now allowing passengers to re-book to a less-full flight without a fee.
- StormTracker 8: Scattered thunderstorms; possible flash flooding
- Buildings damaged, glass shattered after protests in Richmond turn violent
- Goochland County School Board votes for virtual reopening plan
- Powhatan school board approves Confederate flag ban
- Second stimulus checks: Why $1,200 payments aren’t expected in August