(KXAN) — The U.S. has overtaken Italy for the highest death toll in the world from the coronavirus, Johns Hopkins University says.
The U.S. has a confirmed 19,666 deaths followed by Italy with 18,849 based on data from Worldometer which receives reports directly from Government communication channels.
On Friday the U.S. recorded 2,074 deaths in the largest increase in coronavirus related deaths since the begining of the outbreak, according to a CNN report.
- Voters to decide if Rosie’s comes to Emporia
- Biden’s dogs sent home after ‘biting’ incident: report
- Judge orders Arizona man who wore horns in Capitol riot to stay in jail
- Andrew Yang leads NYC mayoral race Democratic primary field, NewsNation poll finds
- Company adapts discontinued waffle recipe for boy with autism