POWELL, OH (WCMH) — The Columbus Zoo and Aquarium has released a new video of baby gorilla, Jamani, sleeping in her mother’s arms.
The female western lowland gorilla baby named Jamani was born just about a month ago to Cassie, and first-time father, Ktembe, according to the zoo.
The zoo website states that western lowland gorillas have a single birth every 3 to 4 years and gestation last 255-265 days, or around 8.5 months.
Here is Jamani’s original birth announcement the zoo posted on Facebook. You can see how much she’s grown from these pictures.
- Community pool in Chesterfield preps for opening in a pandemic
- ‘Coaches for Change’ to unite basketball community
- Lawsuit filed against Richmond Police after peaceful protestors tear-gassed at Lee monument
- The Lee statue is coming down: Behind the effort to remove the 6-story monument
- Entire Buffalo Police Emergency Response Team resigns in support of suspended officers