LOS ANGELES, California (WJW/CNN) – Broadway star Nick Cordero is improving after suffering a setback in his long recovery from COVID-19.
On Wednesday, his wife Amanda Kloots said in an Instagram live stream that his health was going downhill.
On Thursday, Kloots struck a more optimistic tone about her husband’s battle.
“I’m happy to say it looks like we’re on a step forward again,” she said in a video posted on her Instagram Stories. “Wow. It’s been another roller coaster.”
The 41-year old Cordero has battled a series of coronavirus-related complications since he was hospitalized in March.
He spent weeks on a ventilator, suffered septic shock, mini-strokes, and had to have his leg amputated.
Cordero woke up from his medically induced coma earlier this month and is still fighting a lung infection.
- Pres. Trump threatens to deploy military if states don’t stop violent protests
- Virginia lawmakers react to rallies and riots over the weekend
- Trump wants governors to ‘dominate’ protesters
- Congressional Black Caucus drafting police reform bills
- Local radio hosts lend airwaves to conversations about George Floyd protests