MONROE, Wis. (AP) — A 16-year-old boy has admitted fatally shooting his newborn daughter and leaving her body inside a fallen tree in the woods in southern Wisconsin, according to prosecutors.
Logan Kruckenburg-Anderson, of Albany, is charged as an adult with first-degree intentional homicide and hiding a corpse. He’s being held on $1 million bail following a hearing this week in Green County Circuit Court in Monroe.
His public defender did not immediately return a call seeking comment.
According to a criminal complaint, the teen took the infant shortly after she was born Jan. 5 to a wooded area in Albany, about 80 miles (129 kilometers) southwest of Milwaukee, placed her inside a fallen tree and shot her twice in the head.
The complaint says Kruckenburg-Anderson’s girlfriend gave birth to the child, whom she named Harper, in a bathtub at her home in Albany.
Prosecutors said the couple decided they could not keep the baby and talked about several options, including dropping her off at a local fire station or placing her up for adoption, the State Journal reported.
They agreed that Kruckenberg-Anderson would get rid of the infant simply by dropping her somewhere, according to authorities. Several days later the girlfriend’s father called police to report that Kruckenberg-Anderson had taken the child and the baby had not been seen since.
Kruckenberg-Anderson was arrested Sunday after telling investigators where he left the child. A preliminary hearing will be held on Jan. 20.
More Crime Coverage From 8News
- The Prince George County Police Department is working to locate a hit and run driver who struck an occupied tow truck on Feb. 14.
- 'My Spidey senses went off': A Navy veteran helps authorities track down a suspicious man seen lurking in local neighborhoods from the Tidewater to Richmond-Metro area.
- The Richmond Police Department has identified the man killed in a Monday afternoon shooting on N. 26th Street.
- A firefighter from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania will spend up to 126 months in prison for traveling to Midlothian to attempt to engage in sexual activities with a fake 10-year-old girl. The man believed he had been speaking with the young girl and her mother online but actually was talking to an undercover FBI officer.
- The Prince William Police Department said they have arrested a religious tutor for exposing himself to and physically abusing children.
- At'Taysiah Dye went missing in January and was found dead last week. Today her mother was surrounded by family, visibly shaken as she asked anyone with information to come forward.
- The Stafford County Sheriff's Office said they have charged a man with credit card fraud after he was arrested for another unrelated crime.
- The Petersburg Police Department arrested and charged a woman in connection to a shots fired incident reported on May 28, 2020.
- What started as an afternoon traffic stop has escalated into a multiple death investigations in Stanley, Virginia. A Town of Stanley Police Officer was shot and killed on Feb. 26 and later that same day the man who shot him was killed by Page County Sheriff's Deputies.
- A trail of texts, social media messages, eyewitness accounts and a recorded phone conversation led police to the 17-year-old accused in the stabbing death of a 19-year-old during a fight in east Austin, Texas last month.